Welcome to Krakow's Kazimierz, where just off Miodowa Street, by the Tempel Synagogue, a piece of the history of this remarkable district is hidden. Here, in 1891, the famous Garni Hotel was located. The author of the original design of the building was a well-known Krakow architect, Karol Knaus, who was also the author of many historic buildings along Dietla Street.
As the past is an integral part of the entire neighbourhood, it could not be otherwise in this case - so in reference to the past of the building in which it is located, the hotel was given a name strongly associated with it - 1891 Garni Hotel.
At the turn of the 20th century. The Garni Hotel was well known in Jewish Kazimierz. It had a bathhouse with a large swimming pool, run by Maks Horowitz. In turn, at the turn of the 20th century, its ground floor was occupied by the atmospheric pub "Eighth Day of the Week", a meeting place for local bohemians and tourists visiting Kazimierz.